Class Signup Instructions for 2020 Young Men Regional Summer Camp
Many youth are arriving later in the week. You can still sign them up for a week-long class, and we will do our best to accomodate them.
Read the instructions below. When you are ready to begin signups, click Signup Now.
Class signup works best on a PC, laptop, or tablet. For best results, do not use a mobile phone.
- Ensure each youth has first been registered for camp. Only youth that are registered for camp can sign up for classes.
- It is the responsibility of the bishopric or the advisors to sign up youth for classes. You should have received in invitation to create an account on youngmenscamp.org. DO NOT share your account with any other person. If you haven't received an invitation, or wish to delegate this responsibility to another individual, please contact us.
- Council with each youth to determine which classes will be most meaningful for him and his goals. On the camp website, select "Class Catalog" on the "Classes" menu. Select the class. The page will list the instructor information, special instructions, prerequisites, additional costs, and age requirements.
- Some classes may only run for part of the week. For example, a young man may be able to sign up for one class Period 1, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and a different class Period 1, Thursday and Friday.
- Class offerings may change at any time, so check back often for updates. We'll do our best to inform you in case your class schedule is affected.
- Assignments for counselors in training will be made before sign up begins. The assignments will appear on the youth's schedules on the class signup page. You cannot modify these assignments. If you need to modify an assignment, please contact the Camp Director.
- Before signup begins, familiarize yourself with the signup page. Carefully read the instructions outlined below.
- Class signup will begin Sunday, June 7, 2020, at 6:30PM EDT. Popular classes fill up fast.
- Sign in to the camp website. On the "Classes" dropdown menu, select "Sign up for classes." The left column displays the youth in your ward. The right column displays the classes offered at camp this year. By hovering your mouse pointer over a class icon, you can quickly see the available sessions for that class and how many seats are remaining.
- There are three ways to sign up for a class:
- Drag and drop a class onto a youth and select a session.
- OR, highlight one of your young men on the list. All classes that will fit in that young man's schedule have a green "Add" button. Click the "Add" button and select a session to sign up for that class.
- OR, highlight a class and click "Add" on the young man to add the badge.
Continue until the youth are signed up for all the classes they want to take.
- To remove a young man from a class, find the class on the young man's schedule. Hover over the class on the schedule and click the red 'X'.
- When you have finished signing everyone up, click "Print" on the top of the page to print a report. Bring the report to camp to use as a schedule.
- Notify the young men which classes they will be in at camp. Inform them of the Special Instructions and Prerequisites. Help them set meaningul goals.
- If you have questions or experience problems with sign up, please contact us. During the first hour of sign ups, we will be standing by to resolve any issues you may have.
- The Class Catalog lists locations in camp for each class. Clicking on a location will display it on the map.
- You can print the class signups page to use as a class schedule.
- If a young man wishes to make a change in his schedule after camp begins, but the website won't allow it because of a schedule conflict, the instructor or the office staff can assist you in getting the young man signed up for that class.